BroMenn derived its identity from the names of its two original facilities, Brokaw and Mennonite Hospitals. Brokaw Hospital was founded in 1896 by five local physicians who sought to establish a Protestant hospital in the community. Originally called Deaconess Memorial Hospital, the name was later changed to honor Abram Brokaw who provided substantial financial support to the hospital. Mennonite Hospital Association was founded in 1919 by Mennonite leaders of central Illinois to establish a hospital as an extension of Christian service. Eureka Hospital was purchased by the Mennonite Hospital Association in 1978. The consolidation of Brokaw and Mennonite in 1984 seemed to be a natural progression. Together they form a comprehensive health care system offering care for every stage of life.
Our mission is to serve the health needs of individuals, families and communities through a wholistic philosophy rooted in the understanding of human beings as created in the image of God.
No organization photos found.