Books to Benefit is seeing volunteers to help support literacy efforts through several volunteer opportunities including:
- pick up donations from area drop boxes (must have car, valid driver's license and insurance; heavy lifting required)
- sort books by genre, shelf and box books in preparation for the next sale (some lifting required)
- represent Books to Benefit at promotional events (e.g. Bloomington Farmer's Market, literacy fairs, Ecology Action Center events, etc.)
- stamp postcards for upcoming sales
- bake items for bake sales to benefit the Heartland Community College Community Service Scholarship award
- assist in strategic planning and visioning through service on the executive board
- market Books to Benefit through strategic alliances with other community organizations
- provide best practice free legal advice for nonprofit organization of Books to Benefit
Download the volunteer form (available in PDF format), complete, print and contact Vice President in Charge of Operations Norma Valentine (309) 531-8320.
Books to Benefit is a local 501C3 nonprofit organization passionately working to support literacy. Proceeds from book sales benefit STAR Adult Literacy programs, provide support for the Books to Benefit Community Service Scholarship Award at Heartland Community College, encourage community service and promote recycling by rescuing books.