Sign up to be a summer camp volunteer counselor for the Muscular Dystrophy Association, and help improve the lives of local kiddos fighting muscle debilitating diseases.
Where: Timber Pointe Outdoor Center in Hudson, IL
Who: Selfless individuals who are willing to have fun, be a role model and care for a child 1:1 with a form of neuromuscular disease. *all volunteers receive 150 hours of hands on experience.
When: Saturday, July 8th- Friday, July 14th
Requirements: Complete the online application, 3 letters of reference, a completed medical physical, consent to a background check and an in-person interview with an MDA camp director.
Interested?: Contact Ashley Ester at 217-351-1853 or firstname.lastname@example.org
What to know about MDA’s life-changing summer camp program:
- MDA’s summer camp program is offered at no cost to families.
- More than 3,500 kids attend nearly 80 weeklong MDA summer camps each year.
- MDA camp offers a fun and safe camping experience, along with opportunities to participate in a variety of adapted activities.
- MDA relies on the support and dedication of volunteer counselors who are by campers’ sides day and night so that they can do all the fun activities that summer camp offers.
- Counselors, who serve as a "buddy" for the week, push wheelchairs, lift and transfer youngsters and provide assistance with activities as needed. They also participate in activities with the campers.
- Volunteers are responsible for getting to and from camp; food and lodging is covered by MDA.
- All volunteers are given proper training before the camp sessions. -All volunteers are required to stay the full week.
For more information about the Muscular Dystrophy Association visit www.mda.org or contact Ashley!